October 21, 2010, 10:20 am - 12 pm, Drill/Exercise at Cal State Fullerton
Cal State Fullerton
800 N. State College Blvd.
Fullerton, CA 92831 (Map)
Sue Fisher, Emergency Management Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 657-278-3572, or cell 714-366-2446
October 18-21 is Great ShakeOut week at CSUF. On 10/21 there will be a campus-wide Drop, Cover, Hold On, followed by an evacuation drill. The EOC will be activated and our Medical Emergency Response Team will be accepting “injured” persons at the Mock Triage Tent by the Student Recreation Center. “Fallen debris” will be courtesy of the Valencia High School art students in Placentia.
October 18-21 is Great ShakeOut week at CSUF. Activities listed on the website link include earthquake simulation on 10/18, provided by the Civil Engineering Department, and a 12-hour video display on 10/20 at the Student Recreation Center lawn, featuring earthquake preparedness information, interviews and special video from Haiti. Oct. 21 events:
* 10:21 am: Campus-wide Drop, Cover and Hold On
* 10:24 am: (approximately) Campus-wide Evacuation Drill
* 11:00 am: Normal classroom instruction resumes
* Check out the "fallen pieces", featuring artwork from Valencia High School Art students in various places around campus.
* Mock TRIAGE Center next to Student Rec Center
* Mock earthquake drill continues until 1 pm., for some groups
* Grand Prize Winner to Contest announced
Click on a venue to see more details of an event, including an exact location and map link.